Ant Middleton has revealed his mother has died from cancer aged 62, just weeks after being diagnosed.
The former solider and instructor on SAS: Who Dares Wins spoke with Mark Wright in an Instagram Live this morning where he shared the devastating news.
According to Ant his mum had passed away ‘two days ago’ but owing to the travel restrictions around coronavirus, he was able to be with her in her final days – after he’d been forced to cut short an upcoming trip to New Zealand.
‘My mother passed away two days ago of cancer and I was meant to be away filming in New Zealand I wasn’t due to be back until the 6th of April and due to this situation and negativity of my mum having cancer I had to come back and it allowed me to be by my mum’s side while she took her last breath,’ he said on Friday, according to The Sun.
He added: ‘So the magnitude of all this negativity, I’ve plucked positives from it.’
The 39-year-old continued: ‘I’m so glad I could be by my mum’s side when she took her last breath.
‘So when I talk about taking the positives from negatives you do have to dig deep to look for them but they are there, the positives are there.’
The star lost his dad Peter Aaron, who played chess for Great Britain, after he suffered a heart attack on New Year’s Eve 1985, aged just 36.
He has previously spoken about his tough childhood after his dad’s death, which saw him have a strained relationship with his step-dad and last year he told the Telegraph he ‘hadn’t had a relationship with his mother and step-father for 20 years’.
Ant – who has five children of his own with wife Emillie – had recently revealed he’d been forced to return home after a ‘secret project’ in New Zealand was cancelled amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The head instructor on Channel 4 hit SAS: Who Dares Wins recently found himself in hot water after dismissing the severity of the Covid-19 crisis.
In a post shared on Instagram, he described himself as an ‘expert at living life’, and urged others to ‘calm the f**k down’ in their panic.
He backtracked on his comments, later saying: ‘Now I’ve come out of this bubble, I’ve realised that I’ve probably been a bit insensitive towards the magnitude, the scale of the crisis, that’s happening in the UK. And the forever-changing advice that’s being given.’
Revealing he had decided to take down the Instagram posts in question, he continued: ‘Some of the advice that I give now goes against government advice and I wouldn’t want people to come across that now.’
He added: ‘I’ve decided to admit that I’ve made a mistake. I always talk about integrity….
‘Take that on the chin, and come back to the UK and do the best I possibly can.’
Metro.co.uk contacted Ant’s reps for comment.
Source: Read Full Article