Noel Clarke dropped by charity from his patron role amid sexual misconduct allegations

Noel Clarke suspended by Bafta after misconduct allegations

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Former Doctor Who and Bulletproof actor Noel Clarke, 45, has been dropped from another role after more than 20 claims of sexual misconduct were made against the actor last week. Following the allegations, the star was dropped from acting roles and had awards he had received recently taken away, as he issued an apology while “vehemently” denying the claims.

The TCN is in the process of supporting some of those that came forward

TriForce Creative Network

It has now been announced that the actor has been dropped from his role as patron with TriForce Creative Network (TCN).

A spokeswoman told The Sun: “We can confirm that Noel Clarke is no longer a patron of TriForce Creative Network (TCN) and hasn’t been for some time.

“The TCN is in the process of supporting some of those that came forward.”

After the allegations were made public last week, the series finale of ITV’s series Viewpoint was pulled from TV schedules and made available to watch only on the ITV hub for a 48-hour period.

ITV said it was “no longer appropriate to broadcast the final episode” as planned.

The broadcaster added it has “a zero tolerance policy to bullying, harassment and victimisation”.

“We strongly believe that everyone deserves to work in a supportive and safe environment,” it continued.

Sky TV also announced that they would be cutting ties with the actor.

In a statement issued by the broadcaster, they said: “Sky stands against all forms of sexual harassment and bullying and takes any allegations of this nature extremely seriously.

“Effective immediately, we have halted Noel Clarke’s involvement in any future Sky productions.”

The Bulletproof actor’s co-star Ashley Walters said in a statement: “My thoughts are with the women who have come forward and told their awful stories.

“I’m in shock and deeply saddened by what I have heard on a multitude of levels.

“I could never condone behaviour of this nature neither in nor out of the workplace, and whilst Noel has been a friend and colleague for several years, I cannot stand by and ignore these allegations.

“Sexual harassment, abuse and bullying have no place in our industry. Every woman has the right to a safe workplace and moving forward I pledge my dedication to this.”

BAFTA also suspended the actor’s membership and Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema award after the Guardian published the allegations last Thursday.

The statement read: “In light of the allegations of serious misconduct regarding Noel Clarke in The Guardian this evening, BAFTA has taken the decision to suspend his membership and the Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema award immediately and until further notice.”

Noel has since said he’s “deeply sorry” for some of his actions and will seek professional help, but has “vehemently” denied all claims of sexual misconduct.

He said in a statement: “I vehemently deny any sexual misconduct or criminal wrongdoing.

“Recent reports however have made it clear to me that some of my actions have affected people in ways I did not intend or realise.”

He added: “To those individuals, I am deeply sorry. I will be seeking professional help to educate myself and change for the better.”

Source: Read Full Article