- Timothée Chalamet revealed in a new interview that he was "embarrassed" when photos of him kissing former girlfriend Lily-Rose Depp went viral last year.
- "I went to bed that night thinking that was one of the best days of my life," Chalamet told GQ of his outing with Depp in Italy.
- "And then waking up to all these pictures, and feeling embarrassed, and looking like a real nob? All pale?" he added.
- Chalamet said he thought it was incredulous that some people thought the photos of the couple were a PR stunt.
- "A PR stunt?! Do you think I'd want to look like that in front of all of you?!" he said.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
The internet's favorite boyfriend Timothée Chalamet caused quite a stir last year when photos of him kissing former beau Lily-Rose Depp on a yacht in Italy went viral. But Chalamet revealed in a new interview that the furor over the pictures made him feel "embarrassed."
"I went to bed that night thinking that was one of the best days of my life," Chalamet told GQ of his steamy day out with Depp. "I was on this boat all day with someone I really loved, and closing my eyes, I was like, indisputably, 'That was great.'"
But things changed for the actor when the paparazzi photos were published in numerous outlets the next day.
"And then waking up to all these pictures, and feeling embarrassed, and looking like a real nob? All pale?" Chalamet said.
"Then people are like: This is a PR stunt. A PR stunt?! Do you think I'd want to look like that in front of all of you?!" he added.
Chalamet and Depp, who costarred in the Netflix historical film "The King," reportedly began dating in late 2018. Speculation over their relationship grew when the pair were photographed kissing in the rain in New York City in October of that same year.
The couple kept their relationship private, even after the photos of them kissing in Italy went viral.
In April of this year, Us Weekly reported that Chalamet and Depp had split. Chalamet was reportedly referred to as single in an interview with British Vogue published around the same time.
Source: Read Full Article