UNDISPUTED super-middleweight champion Canelo Alvarez will return home to defend his four title belts against Brit John Ryder THIS WEEKEND.
Canelo will be fighting at 168lbs in his hometown at the Estadio Akron in Guadalajara, Mexico, for the first time in over 11 years.
It will be his first bout since beating Gennady Golovkin by unanimous decision last September, in the final fight of a thrilling trilogy.
32-year-old Canelo had surgery on his left hand late last year, but a speedy recovery means he is ready to take on his next title defence as he looks to avenge his shock loss to Dmitry Bivol at light heavyweight.
John Ryder, a southpaw, will be challenging for Canelo's WBC, WBA, WBO & IBF titles and will be a considerable underdog.
The 34-year-old hasn't fought for a world title since his controversial loss to Callum Smith in 2019. However, he's coming into the bout with a four-fight unbeaten run after stopping the previously unbeaten Zach Parker last year.
Read More Boxing
Why has Amir Khan been banned and will he fight again?
AJ next fight odds: Whyte favourite for AJ rematch, Fury, Wilder and Usyk next
How to watch Canelo vs Ryder in the UK:
The fight will be sown live on DAZN.
Subscription to DAZN starts from £9.99 per month and can be purchased here.
The bout can also be streamed on DAZN.com or via the DAZN app, or on HD Sky Box owners can sign up to watch the fight on DAZN 1 on channel 429.
What time will Canelo vs Ryder start in the UK?
The fight will take place this weekend on Saturday, May 6.
Most read in Boxing
Ultimate boxing rich list including star worth $400m thanks to a strip club
AJ warned NOT to fight Wilder next as boxing legend tells him to fix 'issue'
I was KO'd by Ali – but another fighter hit me so hard I saw same woman six times
Fury in talks with Zhang over July return fight despite Ruiz rumours
It is scheduled to have 12 rounds.
The time of the main event will be around 5am on Sunday, May 7 in the UK – but the exact time is not confirmed.
Canelo vs Ryder full card
- Canelo Alvarez vs John Ryder – For WBA(Super), WBC, IBF and WBO super middleweight titles
- Julio Cesar Martinez vs Ronal Batista – For Martinez's WBC flyweight title
- Gabriel Gollaz Valenzuela vs. Steve Spark – For the WBA Inter-Continental super lightweight title
- Nathan Devon Rodriguez vs. Alexander Mejia
- Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Ricards Bolotniks
- Bek Nurmaganbet vs. Argenis Espana
- Lawrence King vs. Elio German Rafael
- Johansen Alvarez Suarez vs. Johan Rodriguez Arreguin
- Abilkhan Amankul vs. Jesus Moroyoqui Palomares
- Carlos Emiliano Rojo vs. Fabian Trejo Rivera
- Jesus Larios vs. Alejandro Curiel
Source: Read Full Article