We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
If you’re the kind of person who prides themselves on the bands and artists they listen to then you may want to look away now. A new AI-powered website has just gone live which analyses a Spotify user’s account and takes no prisoners. Created by The Pudding, the project is aptly called ‘How Bad Is Your Spotify?’
All Spotify users need to do is head to the website, log in with their account – where they will get a scathing verdict on their taste in music.
And the AI that has been trained by Mike Lacher and Matt Daniels seems to have a limitless capacity to put Spotify users in their place.
On Twitter people have been sharing the merciless verdicts the AI has been given, with the bot capable of giving a never-ending supply of varied, hilarious putdowns.
One Spotify user tweeted: “Thanks to that Spotify AI I am glad to announce I am 7% basic”.
While another posted: “That Spotify bot simultaneously called me a ‘balding weezer fan’ and a ’14 year old that just discovered punk’ I hope we never give robots rights”.
One added: “The Spotify AI kept smiling bashfully at me from across the record store then came over to tell me my fly is down”.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry secure Spotify podcast deal
And another wrote: “The Spotify thing doesn’t work for me because it can’t account for how often I listen to a custom version of ‘Dancing Queen’ where I replaced the seventeen line with a yearly-changing voice memo of me saying my own age. This is a joke unless it sounds cool”.
Here are some of the putdowns that the Spotify AI is capable of…
• Oh great, another Phoebe Bridgers stan… You’ve been listening to a lot of Phoebe Bridgers lately. U okay?
• Your Spotify was conscious-uncoupling-rock-wear-carhartts-to-your-desk-job-minecraft-tween bad
• You listen to a few unique things, but most of it is what everybody else listens to, like Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber
• BTS-is-great-please-dont-ddos-us bad
• Your Spotify was manic-pixie-dream-girl-anime-masters-in-creative-writing bad
• Based on your listening habits, I can also tell your Spotify was: dad-rock bad, tay-tay-fangirl bad, succulent-growing-indie-pop bad, too-many-feelings bad, can-be-convinced-the-earth-is-flat bad
The Spotify AI has been trained on “millions” of indicators, such as Pitchfork reviews, to determine what is a good taste in music or not.
Announcing the launch of the bot, The Pudding Twitter posted: “New project!
“We built an A.I. bot that mercilessly judges your taste in music on Spotify.
“See how your data stacks up against millions of indicators of objectively good music, including Pitchfork reviews and record store recommendations”.
Source: Read Full Article