Six new cases of COVID-19 have been linked to the set of Network 10’s hit reality show The Masked Singer, bringing the total number of confirmed infections from the outbreak to 13.
The program suspended filming this week in Melbourne after a crew member tested positive to the virus. All cast and crew – including host Osher Gunsberg and judges Dannii Minogue, Dave Hughes, Jackie O and Urzila Carlson – are in self-isolation.
“Late yesterday, the department was notified of seven cases linked to the set of The Masked Singer television show in Docklands,” said a spokeswoman from Victoria’s Department of Health and Human Services.
“It’s believed a member of staff developed symptoms while on set on Friday and was sent to be tested. The staff member did not return to set."
A precautionary round of testing for close contacts was then independently initiated by the company, identifying six additional cases. Early investigations determined that the site should close immediately and all who had been on site since Wednesday should isolate until further advised.
“The department is liaising with the production company and site management to ensure all appropriate public health actions are taken including cleaning and contact tracing.”
Sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity said the current season of The Masked Singer had almost finished filming.
Gunsberg, who also hosts 10’s Bachelor franchise, is expected to resume filming a forthcoming season of The Bachelorette in NSW following his self-isolation and medical tests.
More to come
Source: Read Full Article