Daily Star’s Inside Hot TV newsletter sees Ed Gleave send you telly’s hot takes straight to your inbox every Sunday
Ant Middleton has made his first TV appearance since parting ways with his hit show SAS: Who Dares Wins.
The former soldier spoke to Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid during Wednesday's edition of Good Morning Britain after speculation about why he left the hit series.
Ant said: "I am always good, always positive and about to drop some truth serum so I hope you're ready.
"Channel 4's statement is very reckless and desperate. Especially backed by excused like the BLM tweet.
"The tweet was a year ago and settled that three or four months later.
"I didn't work it correctly and I acknowledged that. A couple months later I filmed two more series.It is all smoke and mirrors. It became a scripted show. Control was taken from me.
"I wanted to part with a healthy way. They knew I was going and all of a sudden they dropped this bomb of BLM and that i've been axed.
"They knew I was going they got in there before me."
In a statement to GMB, Channel 4 said: "Ant Middleton will not be taking part in future series of SAS: Who Dares Wins. Following a number of discussions Channel 4 and Minnow Films have had with him in relation to his personal conduct it has become clear that our viewers and values are not aligned and we will not be working with him again."
Earlier this week Channel 4 announced it would no longer work with Ant following discussions over his "personal conduct".
Initial reports linked public comments Middleton made in 2020 about the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and the Black Lives Matter moment.
In March last year as Covid took hold of the UK, he told his followers not to "be a sheep" and accept the lockdown guidance.
He argued he should not have to self isolate if he is "strong and able".
Katie Price's ex Alex Reid diagnosed with autism after 'lifetime of bullying'
Amid backlash he clarified his comments were "a bit insensitive towards the magnitude, the scale, of the crisis that's happening in the UK".
He then branded the BLM protesters "absolute scum" before hitting out at the "extreme left" and "extreme right" taking to the streets.
Amid online anger, Ant went on to clarify that he was "anti-racist and anti-violence".
Fresh reports by The Mirror claim Channel 4 axed Ant after 'inappropriate comments' to female staff.
According to the publication a number of staff raised concerns with makers Minnow Films and Channel 4 during an end of year review where they were allowed to speak anonymously.
Asked about the claims, Channel 4 told the Mirror: “We can’t comment on anonymous allegations, however, we take issues of welfare very seriously. We clearly set out our expectations of behaviour in our Supplier Code of Conduct. We are satisfied appropriate action has been taken."
Minnow Films who make SAS Who Dares Wins said: “The welfare of those working on our productions is of paramount importance. We have robust procedures in place to allow members of staff to come forward and confidentially raise any concerns.”
Like what you see? Then fill your boots…
There's MUCH more where that came from! Want all the jaw-dropping stories from the world of showbiz and up to the minute news from TV and soaps?
Well, we've got you covered with our showbiz, TV and soaps newsletters – they'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
We'll bring you the inside track from telly expert Ed Gleave and soap specialist Sasha Morris. Oh, and your daily fix of Piers, Katie Price, Demi Rose and all your other Daily Star favs.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
Taking to Twitter at the start of the week, Ant told fans: "After 5 incredible years I’ve decided it’s time to move on from SAS Who Dares Wins UK.
"Big respect to my fellow DS – it’s been a journey I’ll never forget. Thanks to everyone that took part and made the show what it is. Really excited about the future and what’s coming this year."
He quickly followed up with a second tweet: "Stay positive" before two bicep emojis.
In direct respond to claims he was verbally a spokesman for Ant Middleton said: “Ant categorically denies your allegations. He is always disciplined and utterly professional. This is the first we have been informed of any such complaint which has never been mentioned previously to Ant or any of his team by Minnow or Channel 4.”
- Good Morning Britain
- Channel 4
Source: Read Full Article