Dan Walker defended Piers Morgan in a Twitter row with Alan Sugar over the topic of people going outside during the coronavirus lockdown.
In other news, Hell has frozen over and pigs are also flying. We never thought we’d see the day!
It all started on (where else!) Twitter, when The Apprentice star wrote a message lambating Piers’ criticisms of people who are seemingly flouting the rules of self-isolation and going outside to sunbathe.
‘I can’t for the life of me understand what Piers Morgan is on about in respect to sunbathing,’ Lord Sugar wrote. ‘If you are 10 feet away from the next person in the open what’s wrong with that?’
The BBC Breakfast anchor replied, questioning the Amstrad billionaire comments.
‘With respect, it’s about respect,’ Dan told him. ‘Look up Nero…this is the modern equivalent.’
Just what we love to see on a Monday morning – some parallels between our society today and the Great Fire of Rome…
Good Morning Britain airs weekdays from 6am on ITV. BBC Breakfast airs weekdays from 6am on BBC One.
Coronavirus latest news and updates
- Visit our live blog for the latest updates: Coronavirus news live
- Read all new and breaking stories on our Covid-19 news page
- Coronavirus symptoms explained
- Find out the latest on which shops can stay open in a lockdown
- Who needs to go to work, who needs to stay at home and who is classed as a key worker?
Source: Read Full Article