“Jurassic World: Dominion” had to temporarily suspend filming after people on set tested positive for coronavirus, director Colin Trevorrow announced.
“Woke up to the news we had a few positive Coronavirus tests on ‘Jurassic World: Dominion.’ All tested negative shortly after, but due to our safety protocols we’re going to pause for two weeks. Back soon,” Trevorrow said.
“Late last night, we were informed that the ‘Jurassic World: Dominion’ production experienced a small amount of positive tests for COVID-19,” a spokesperson for Universal said in a statement. “Even though subsequent tests proved negative this morning, due to our rigid protocols and to ensure that the safety and well-being of our entire cast and crew is paramount at all times, those who initially tested positive are currently self-isolating, as are those who they have come into contact with. As a result filming has been temporarily paused and will resume in accordance with established safety guidelines.”
The news comes a day after Universal, the studio behind the blockbuster franchise, reported that “Jurassic World: Dominion” has pushed back its release date and will now debut on June 10, 2022 — a year later than planned. The movie was initially slated for summer 2021.
“Jurassic World: Dominion,” the sixth entry in the 27-year-old series, had just started rolling cameras in the United Kingdom in March when coronavirus started to spread across Europe. After shutting down the set for months, it was one of the first high-profile movies to resume filming. The studio implemented intense and expensive measures to ensure the production could stay coronavirus-free. “Dominion” is about three weeks away from wrapping, sources say.
The “Jurassic” property is not the first to have to pause production amid the global health crisis. Days after “The Batman” restarted filming, the Warner Bros.’ comic book adaptation had to temporarily shutdown again because the Caped Crusader himself, Robert Pattinson, tested positive for coronavirus.
Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard are reprising their roles in “Jurassic World: Dominion.” The ensemble cast also includes Laura Dern, Sam Neill, Jeff Goldblum and BD Wong. Trevorrow is returning behind the camera after previously directing 2015’s “Jurassic World.” He also co-wrote the script for the 2018 sequel “Fallen Kingdom.”
More to come…
Source: Read Full Article