Sean Connery’s widow describes his heartbreaking final days

The legendary Sean Connery passed away on Oct. 31, 2020. The James Bond star’s family confirmed the sad news to BBC. The actor’s son Jason Connery said his dad had been “unwell for some time,” ultimately dying peacefully while he was asleep in the Bahamas. Jason revealed that his father “had many of his family, who could be in the Bahamas, around him” at the time of his passing.

The actor met Micheline Roquebrune, a Moroccan-French painter, in 1970 at a golf tournament, according to Daily Mail. She eventually became his second wife. He was previously married to Diane Cilento. Roquebrune discussed her late husband’s final months with Daily Mail, sharing that he had dementia. The widow explained, “It was no life for him. He was not able to express himself latterly. At least he died in his sleep and it was just so peaceful. I was with him all the time and he just slipped away. It was what he wanted.”

“He had dementia and it took its toll on him. He got his final wish to slip away without any fuss,” Roquebrune said. Despite the difficulties he faced in recent months, Roquebrune added, “we had a wonderful life together,” even describing him as “a model of a man.” The grieving widow admitted, “It is going to be very hard without him, I know that. But it could not last forever and he went peacefully.”

Micheline Roquebrune and Sean Connery spent his final years in the Bahamas

Following Sean Connery’s passing in late October 2020, his publicist Nancy Seltzer told BBC, “There will be a private ceremony followed by a memorial yet to be planned once the virus has ended.” Connery’s wife Micheline Roquebrune also told Daily Mail, “We have not decided what to do. That is something we will talk about soon but he will be cremated in the Bahamas, which is what he wanted.” 

At this time, it is unclear if Connery’s ashes will be brought back to Scotland, his native country. He and his wife had been living in New Providence, Bahamas for years leading up to his passing. He spent a lot of time playing golf at a private club near his home. During that time, sources told Daily Mail that Connery shot down “wheelbarrows full of cash” that he was offered to return to acting, but he simply “just wasn’t interested” in acting again.

Sean Connery's family members have spoken out following his passing

Soon after Sean Connery’s death, Daily Mail shared one of the last photos of Connery. It was a picture of the Indiana Jones actor with his wife Micheline Roquebrune, holding hands as they celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary on May 6, 2020 in the Bahamas, which was where the couple had been living for decades since Connery retired from acting. In addition to Roquebrune speaking about her life with her husband, the actor’s other family members commented as well.

His son Jason Connery told Daily Mail, “It’s a very difficult time but already there has been a beautiful outpouring of tributes for him and that is appreciated. It’s a sad day for all who knew and loved my dad and a sad loss for all people around the world who enjoyed the wonderful gift he had as an actor.”

The Oscar winner’s sister-in-law, Elinor Connery, who’s married to his brother Neil Connery, told the outlet, “Unfortunately, Neil is very unwell at the moment. He is obviously very upset at the news of the death of his only brother. It is a very sad time for the whole family. We would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.”

Sean Connery will be missed and remembered by his family, friends, fans, and fellow celebrities who have shared moving tributes and sweet sentiments about him in response to his passing.

Source: Read Full Article