Cheerleader is bitten by a snake in her backyard while practicing

Horrifying moment cheerleader is bitten by a venomous Copperhead SNAKE in her Houston backyard while practicing flips on a cheer mat

  • Paris Montgomery had been practicing flips on her cheer mat at around 7pm on Friday when she was bitten by the Copperhead snake 
  • The teen captured the moment when she was bitten in her Houston backyard
  • Footage shows her take to the mat as blood can be seen seeping from the top of her shoes
  • Tracy Montgomery, the teen’s mother, rushed her daughter to the emergency room, where doctors gave her anti-venom
  • Copperhead snakes exist throughout much of the southern and eastern United States and are responsible for the most snake bites in the country 

A Texas cheerleader had to be rushed to the hospital after she was bitten by a venomous snake while practicing her flips in the backyard. 

Paris Montgomery had been practicing flips on her cheer mat at around 7pm on Friday when she was bitten by the Copperhead snake in the backyard of her Houston home. 

Her mother, Tracy Montgomery, shared in a Facebook post that her daughter did not even know that she had been bitten and instead believed she had been poked by a stick. 

Paris Montgomery had been practicing flips on her cheer mat at around 7pm on Friday when she was bitten by the Copperhead snake in the backyard of her Houston home


The teen captured the moment when she was bitten. Footage shows her take to the mat as blood can be seen seeping from the top of her shoe

The teen captured the moment when she was bitten. Footage shows her take to the mat as blood can be seen seeping from the top of her shoe. 

She takes the shoes off and examines the injury, unaware of the venomous snake.  

‘Something just started hurting,’ she explained to ABC 13. ‘I didn’t know it was a snake.’ 

Tracy rushed her daughter to the emergency room, where doctors gave her anti-venom.  

‘Something just started hurting,’ she explained to ABC 13 . ‘I didn’t know it was a snake’

Tracy, the girl’s mother, rushed her daughter to the emergency room, where doctors gave her anti-venom

‘I did not have snake on my mind, so I was thinking, ‘Maybe a bee stung her,” the mother added. ‘So, I put some baking soda on it. Well then, it started swelling up and turning purple and we rushed her to the hospital.’

The girl was transferred to the local children’s hospital but has since been discharged home. 

Copperhead snakes exist throughout much of the southern and eastern United States and are responsible for the most snake bites in the country.  

According to National Geographic, the snakes are even comfortable living in subdivisions and on developed land.  

The snake is generally between two to three feet but some have been known to get to four feet. 

The girl was transferred to the local children’s hospital but has since been discharged home

Copperhead snakes exist throughout much of the southern and eastern United States and are responsible for the most snake bites in the country

Source: Read Full Article