OPRAH said she was "surprised" when Meghan Markle revealed concerns over Archie's skin colour and Prince Harry said he felt "trapped."
Oprah was asked by CBS This Morning anchor Gayle King what details she was most surprised about that came out of Sunday night's exclusive interview with the former royal couple.
The talk show host said she was "especially surprised by discussions about what Archie’s skin tone would be. That surprised me."
During the tell-all two-hour interview, the Duchess of Sussex said there had been conversations with Prince Harry and a "family" member about their unborn son and what colour his skin would be – and "what that would mean or look like."
Markle added that her son was not made a prince after the "concerns and conversations" regarding his skin colour.
Oprah Winfrey today revealed it was not the Queen or the Duke of Edinburgh who made the comment about Archie's skin.
She told the trio of hosts: "He did not share the identity with me but he wanted to make sure I knew, and if I had an opportunity to share it, that it was not his grandmother or grandfather that were part of those conversations.
"He did not tell me who was a part of those conversations."
This morning, royal expert Chris Ship also confirmed that the allegations did not stem from conversations with the Queen and Philip.
The new unseen clip comes as…
- Meghan broke down as she revealed 'I didn't want to live anymore'
- Meghan claimed Kate made HER cry in row over flower girl dress
- Harry and Meghan married three days before their wedding at Windsor Castle
- Meghan said Archie wasn't made a prince after talks about his skin colour
- Pregnant Meghan revealed she is expecting a GIRL
- The 39-year-old told Oprah the Queen was 'always wonderful to me'
- Prince Harry said his brother is 'trapped' in the Royal Family
- A body language expert revealed Harry 'suppressed anger' when talking about being hurt by his family
- Meghan was apparently left gutted when the Queen would not let her and Harry live in a wing at Windsor Castle
- Archie's favourite word is 'hydrate' the proud parents revealed
- Princess Diana would’ve been ‘very angry about how this panned out’, says Prince Harry
- The Queen and Prince Philip were NOT the royals who expressed concern about Archie's skin colour, an expert has said
- Meghan Markle reveals Fergie taught her how to curtsy and claims she never Googled Harry before they met
He told Good Morning Britain: "It was a conversation that Harry had with his family members.
"I should be clear here, I've been told it's not the Queen, and it's not the Duke of Edinburgh.
"So that only leaves two family members.
"The two people you are left with is either his father Prince Charles or his brother Prince William or their wives.
"That's pretty serious.
"They protected the Queen throughout this.
"But equally they are criticising the institution of which she is head, and therefore you're criticising his grandmother the Queen."
Alongside the colour of Archie's skin, Oprah admitted that she was "surprised Harry told me he was 'trapped'," adding that she was not shocked that it happened, but that the Prince was telling her about it.
"You heard me say 'woah' on the tape, I can't believe you're saying this right now," Winfrey added.
Oprah asked Prince Harry on Sunday: "Please explain how you, Prince Harry, raised in a palace and a life of privilege – literally, a prince – how you were trapped?"
"Trapped within the system, like the rest of my family are – my father and my brother, they are trapped," he replied.
"They don't get to leave, and I have huge compassion for that."
Oprah Winfrey said the full interview was three hours and 20 minutes long and was edited down to one hour and 25 minutes for the US broadcast – and the most important question she wanted to answer was "why did they leave?"
She added: "The stories about blindsiding the Queen were very damaging to them and hurtful to them, there had clearly been months and months of preparation before they moved to Canada."
Source: Read Full Article