PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle want to be at the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in what would create a “fresh headache” for the Royal Family following their controversial interview with Oprah Winfrey.
The Duke of Sussex wants to be included in next year’s four-day bonanza for the Queen with plans being released by Buckingham Palace this morning.
- Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest updates
The Palace confirmed that Brits will be given a four-day Bank Holiday weekend so they can celebrate the Queen’s 70th year on the throne next June.
And it seems Harry, 36, wants to be in attendance to celebrate the momentous occasion with his grandmother.
Harry and Meghan, 39, have officially stepped down as working royals and been stripped of their royal patronages and military titles.
However, they have indicated they want to return for family occasions.
But that leaves organisers with an enormous headache as they try to work out what to do with the couple during the party.
An insider said: “Harry wants to be there. It is already causing a headache and is going to be very awkward.
“Where will they be positioned if they turn up? What events can they attend?
“Will we put them on the Buckingham Palace balcony for the flypast?
“This is a celebration for the Queen’s 70 years of service to the nation and should not be overshadowed.
“There are now so many questions about what to do with Harry and Meghan.”
Harry was due to return to the UK next month for his mother’s statue unveiling to honour Princess Diana on July 1 – on what would have been her 60th birthday.
But his plans are in doubt as his wife Meghan is due to give birth in the next couple of weeks, a royal expert said.
Harry wants to be there. It is already causing a headache and is going to be very awkward."
Appearing on ITV’s Lorraine, the Mirror’s royal editor Russell Myers told stand-in host Cat Deeley that Harry may miss the event.
He said: “The thing I'm being told is they still really want to be there, both of them. Certainly, William and Kate will be there.
“But whether Harry can fly over there because the baby is imminently due this summer… it will certainly be in the next couple of weeks.”
It comes amid hopes Prince Harry’s return to Britain could help repair the “deteriorating” relationship with his brother Prince William.
Mr Myers added: “It's been talked about for so many months now, this deteriorating relationship.
“And the issue is that Harry is expecting a second child – a baby girl on the way – and whether they will attend together or whether they will make separate speeches.”
Discussing the unveiling, he added: "This will be July 1st. Now, it's been long in the making, this – she would have been 60.
“This is a big deal because the boys – William and Harry – have been working on this statue for quite a long time.
“I think 2017, they started putting the initial plans together. And will they, won't they be seen together?”
Harry’s return has been in “serious doubt” for weeks after the royal rift intensified, royal experts have claimed.
Phil Dampier, author of Royally Suited: Harry and Meghan In Their Own Words, told the Sun Online: "I personally don't think Meghan will return to the UK.
"And there must now be a serious doubt as to whether Harry will come over for the unveiling of a statue for Princess Diana on what would have been her 60th birthday in July."
The brothers have had frosty relations since Harry sensationally moved to the US and stepped back from royal life in 2020.
And their relationship was strained further after Harry and Meghan's bombshell interview with Oprah earlier this year.
But after a solemn reunion at Prince Philip's funeral, the door was opened for further reconciliation, it was said.
Source: Read Full Article