Trump may attend ‘Million MAGA March’ as fears of clashes between Proud Boys and left-wing anarchists erupt

DONALD Trump has revealed he's thinking about attending the "Million MAGA March" on Saturday – as fears are circulating of potential clashes between left-wing anarchists and Proud Boys.

The president addressed his supportive fanbase on social media on Friday, just one day before the large event is set to take place at the Freedom Plaza in Washington, DC, at noon.

⚠️ Follow our US election 2020 live blog for the latest news & updates



President Trump wrote in his afternoon tweet: "Heartwarming to see all of the tremendous support out there, especially the organic Rallies that are springing up all over the Country, including a big one on Saturday in D.C.

"I may even try to stop by and say hello. This Election was Rigged, from Dominion all the way up & down!"

The upcoming march – which Washington DC's Metropolitan Police Department previously confirmed to The Sun Online it is "monitoring" – comes as a form of support for Trump's election rigging allegations.

Republican groups – including Stop the Steal, Women for America First, and March for Trump – have been spreading the news about the demonstration across various social media platforms.

Despite the president's apparent excitement for the upcoming "Million MAGA March," many are worried about possible violent classes between left-wing anarchists and Trump backers.


The Proud Boys, a controversial far-right organization created in 2016 by Vice Media co-founder Gavin McInnes, will also be in attendance, according to reports.

CBS News was told by Enrique Tarrio, a Proud Boys chairman, and said more than 10,000 attendees are expected be at the march.

Tarrio admitted to the news outlet that his group is "known for fighting back" and refused to apologize for it.

Referring to how Trump supporters acted after Joe Biden's win, he said: 'There's 70 million pissed off Americans and not one building has been burned down.

"I think if the president would've won that night, there would have been chaos."

According to WUSA-TV, a left-wing group titled Refuse Fascism is set to demonstrate 30 minutes prior to the start of the MAGA march.


Lucha Bright of Refuse Fascism has said the gathering will be "non violent," adding: "We are not intending to engage them. We want to overwhelm them with our numbers.

"If they attack us, that is not out of the realm of possibilities of what they do.

"But we are hoping, especially if we gather in large numbers, that we will overwhelm them with our strength." 

Meanwhile, the march has also been promoted by conspiracy theorist InfoWars host Alex Jones.

Jones said "the cavalry is coming" as he encouraged Trump supporters to descend on Washington in "caravans" on the weekend of November 14 while speaking on his show.


Other groups planning to attend include radical vigilante groups like the Oath Keepers and Three Percenters.

The planned demonstrations have also inspired a series of counter-events, including events called “F*** MAGA” from local anti-fascist and anarchist groups.

The march will take place one week after Biden claimed victory in key swing states – launching him and running mate Kamala Harris over the key threshold of 270 electoral college votes.

The president-elect has since called for unity, but Trump has so far refused to concede and continues to claim he actually won the election.

Source: Read Full Article